2018/02/27

'Are you smart or do you work hard?' Right answer should be?

'Are you smart or do you work hard?'
If you are asked to answer this question in an interview, what will you answer?

Daniel Schwartz asks an interview question about smarts versus hard work, and he has a right answer in mind.

Daniel Schwartz, the CEO of Restaurant Brands International — the parent company of Burger King, Tim Hortons, and Popeyes — is a business prodigy.

image credit: internet
He stepped into the role at age 32 after swiftly climbing the corporate ladder in investment banking and private equity.

Running a multibillion-dollar company at such a young age is surely evidence that Schwartz's success is a product of both smarts and hard work. But there's one quality he values more than the other in interviewees, Schwartz, now 36.

"One question I ask is, 'Are you smart or do you work hard?'" he said. "You want hard workers. You'd be surprised how many people tell me, 'I don't need to work hard, I'm smart.' Really? Humility is important."

Schwartz says he acquired his desire to hire hard workers with humility from his parents.

"Probably the biggest influence [my parents have] had is about always being very respectful of other people," he said. "I always have that in the back of my head, regardless of who I'm talking to. The world's a small place, life's short, and so you should only be nice to people. I don't raise my voice at work. I don't have tantrums."


As a global trade credit platform, eGTCP.com is not only a smart platform which help buyers solve various problems in global trade, but also a hard-working platform, developing more and more useful services, such as 6C supplier recommendation, credit inquiry and Gate to China project. Our target is to make global trade easier, safer and faster.

Popular services in global trade:


Follow us:

You can also contact eGTCP.com directly via mail (service@egtcp.com) or phone (+86 400-159-8448).

Like eGTCP on Facebook. Follow eGTCP on Linkedin. Follow eGTCP on Google+. Follow eGTCP on Twitter. Visit eGTCP on Youtube.                                                          

没有评论:

发表评论